Saturday, February 28, 2015

Best Friend Love


... As an untamed lock of her red hair brushed across her face she unconsciously bit her lip. Shadows of a burning candle flame danced on her fair skin, but her emerald green eyes stayed focused on a paper in front of her. Gentle breeze swayed the ceiling-to-floor white silky curtains and played with that lock of her hair, but she kept writing in her journal oblivious to the outside circumstances. Her soul was on fire. She just had to release all the pain, all the wants, and all the hopes from within...

"I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to tell you how much you mean to me. Every fiber of my body wants to tell you everything. My heart yearns for the truth to be told, but there is always price to be paid... I might lose my best friend! I'm not sure I'm ready to take that chance... Not yet anyway."

And with the last entry of "I will always love you"; one lone tear escaped her eye and fell into the abyss of her soul's story, making a faint mark on the last page of her journal. Slow deep breathe left her crimson lips as she put the pen down on the desk turning her eyes to the moonlight in the starry night...

No comments:

Post a Comment