Monday, November 01, 2010

Coffee for Three

One warm Wednesday evening my best friend and I decided to be taken out for a cup of coffee by a Shear Genius, as he likes to call himself. My friend Alice and I drove to the nearest Starbucks to meet up with our friend. We arrived there just a little after 7 pm and he planned on coming shortly after work. We sat outside to wait for him so we could order together. As I existed in the moment, I took a closer look at the things surrounding me; rain dwindled to a drizzle now, the air felt a little “sticky”, and every once awhile I would get a whiff of flowers. I could smell the sweet coffee aroma coming out from Starbucks too. As I watched cars go by, driving through the puddles which made water come to life, I thought to myself, everybody is trying to get home for dinner. Everyone wants to reunite with their family after a hard day of work.

Shear Genius came at 7:30 pm and apologized for making us wait. No big deal really, but we were ready to get that appetizing cup of gourmet coffee. The inside of Starbucks remained full of people and I wondered why they all stayed inside. After we ordered our coffee we went back outside to enjoy it. We sat there for an hour or so, just talking and laughing and truly enjoying those little moments that make life so wonderful. After all, that warm Wednesday night happened to stand out as a very beautiful, calm, rainy night spent with friends who appreciate the good things in life.


copyright 2010 by Sanela Kubiak. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment